Friday, May 8, 2009

Be a Joke!!!

Hey everyone…

What an eventful week it’s been…
Being a man of many physical talents, by god I met my match this week; I have never fallen on my ass so many times in one day I swear… You know at the back of my mind I’ve always wondered what is going to be ‘that’ thing in life I’m gonna find unbelievably difficult??… Ha Ha, I’ve found it… Coz I’ve always used my determination, talent, and hard work to get me through everything. Well on this particular stunt all I needed was the perfect technique and tons of luck… Well have a guess; I had neither of those on my side this week… So what is it that Akshay Kumar found so hilariously hard to do?? Ladies and Gentlemen it was Water Skiing…
Yes, there’s me standing on my board, never done it before in my life, my director Priyadarshan has given me half an hour to practice and then expecting me to give a shot of a life time… Well surprise surprise, water skiing ain’t that easy, it looks so graceful and easy and killer cool to do, you know, anyone could do it. Well I’m sorry, I was so so wrong, it’s ridiculously harder than it looks and so much funnier. I jumped on my board ready to fly off and maybe even produce some somersaults off the ramps, but HELL NO… I fell off that thing quicker than anyone could say ‘Singh is Kinng,’ It was more like Singh the belly flop king…
When my head came out of water I had to force myself to stop laughing and get back on the board before Priyanji saw his hero’s face down and bum up in the water ;o)
So back up I go, needless to say it took a few more times than first expected to nail this thing, but by lunch not only had I cracked it, I was carrying the incredibly beautiful and brave Katrina Kaif on my back whilst whizzing round on this thing like it was second nature. And that’s when you know you’re a good actor, when you’re made to do something that technically scares the crap out of you but you smile for the shot and make everyone think AHH they’re so in love, then the minute you hit the water at mega speed there’s no smile, just a battered body that’s praying for the shot to be OK’d so you can brush yourself down and appreciate dry land again. So I must say hats off to Katrina, she did extremely well, not many heroines I know would have tried and succeeded as much as Kat did, well done girl…
As you can tell I’m still shooting in Singapore for De Dana Dan, the Famous
Priyadarshan is the fastest film Director on the planet. The man doesn’t believe in taking your time, he’s a ‘Wham Bam Thank You Mam, next shot please’ kind of guy. We’re in the last week till pack up, and then back to my beloved Bombay… I haven’t been there since my very tame Unbuttoned Lakme Fashion Show ;o) so fans wish me luck!!!
Hey did anyone see “X-Men Origins Wolverine”? Amazing movie, haven’t seen that kind of cinema since Batman the Dark Knight… Hugh Jackman is definitely one of the most multitalented actors I’ve ever seen. Did you see him hosting the Oscars? I’ve never known a Hollywood actor apart from Will Smith that could sing/ dance/ joke/ be merry/ with the nut cracking sarcasm of a gentleman. He really does deserve the best actor; I can’t help but respect him…
Well young ones, until my next adventure, take care and “only laugh at others when you can totally laugh at yourself” That’s all I can say…

Love and Prayers
Your Akshay; o)

7 comments:

  1. Hi
    Akki!This is Pratik from Kolkata, its great to have u here in the internet!
    So even khiladi is goofed by the khel! by the way i saw Jackman doing those jack-of-all-trades kind of stuffs at the Oscar night!!It was so Bollywoodish!!!
    thanks for sharing your experience with us and wish you a lot of success for the coming flicks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U really are akshay kumar?? Internet is full of fakes. the best example is fakeiplplayer. but if u really are akshay kumar, then welcome to the world of blogging and all the best for ur future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Akshay,

    Welcome to Singapore , I saty here seen your shooting couple of times near Raffles MRT. been tempted to approach you but always get awestruck by your sheer stardom when i approach u.. will be great if i could get a snap with u before u fly of this island city please me know if i could make it :)

    All the best for ur future !!!!
    Keep rocking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water sports look deceptively easy unfortunately, but they are a lot of fun. It helps to be physically very fit to take them on, and a fair amount of guts. Well done on taking that one on, I'm sure you feel the pain a lot more tomorrow though!

    Have you tried bungee jumping yet? Fantastic adrenalin rush ...especially if done over water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Akshay, I have always adored your stunts in all your movies, especially the one in Khiladi 420 and Waqt. When you wrote in the blog that you fell off in the water as soon as you jumped on the board, I knew that you would ultimately succeed in doing this stunt! And whoa.. in a few tries you actually had the gorgeous Kat with you as well! Hats off!!!

    Eagerly awaiting your next release Kambakkth Ishq with another favorite of mine, Bebo!

    Lotsa love,
    Ali.

    P.S. I had the lifetime opportunity of seeing one of your stunts live way back in 2007 at City Center in Kolkata. Just looovedd it! Please consider coming to this city whenever you get any opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your blog in BigAdda and also in blogspot and the same post.i recommend you to post in one place not in both,this will create confusion .

    ReplyDelete